Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Morrissey management - response to NME article; via Morrissey Official on Facebook
Topic Started: Tue 7 Aug 2018, 19:23:17 (122 Views)
mammaof3
Member Avatar

Morrissey Official
12 hrs ·
The N.M.E. used to represent the underground.

Now they are becoming known as The Guardian of rock music.

They had to stop printing copies.

Not because no one buys magazines.

Print publications like Q Magazine and Kerrang! still exist, because they remember who they are.

But not N.M.E.

They forgot who they were.

And because they just aren’t cool anymore.

N.M.E. are also just full of shit.

And can’t even afford good writers to work for them.

They like to remind readers of all the past allegations of the year, despite their lack of any basis in fact, despite that they are just re-hashing stories over and over, old news, fake news, etc.

But they leave out their own old issues, of lawsuits lost, and legal battles that forced them to apologize to M in the past.

And they lie more than Donald Trump.

-N.M.E. asked no one from M’s camp for comment to their recent story.

-Haslam was never a Moz fan. He was a publicity hound who had a new book coming that no one cared about.

-We didn’t cancel our summer shows because of Haslam’s weak event, the protest that drew no people.

-Moz in not a racist.

None of M’s latino fans care about UK politics, but hell…..why not call them up and try and find a story where one doesn’t exist?

Not like they have anything real to write about……like music.

Because they don’t even know what music is anymore.

Basically all this points to the fact that writer(?) Bob Chiarito and his editors at N.M.E. have been relegated to meaninglessness.

Not really even worth writing about for this Facebook post.

We stand up for ourselves here, not because we give a shit anymore what these folks say…..

…..but to point out to the fans and music industry of the UK that they’ve changed their title.

Now N.M.E. stands for …….Now Mostly Excrement.

No longer of any value to the music community…. they have decided to be the TMZ of music news.

Good riddance. - PK

I'm guessing it is in response to this latest article in the NME... and that PK is P. Katsis from a previous statement posted on FB.
https://www.nme.com/blogs/can-morrissey-keep-hardcore-contingent-latino-americans-side-2363035
Edited by mammaof3, Tue 7 Aug 2018, 19:24:54.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Who is P.Katsis? Someone from the label?

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

How the mighty have fallen, the NME was once a beloved music paper I used to buy weekly (and a Scotsman and his money are not easily parted) Now I won’t lie that the weeks they had Morrissey stories and interviews were the best, but it was always worth a read...back in the day! Fast Forward to the pitiful sight I witnessed a while back where they were trying to GIVE IT AWAY for free outside Glasgow rail stations and people avoided it like the plague.

It is The Guardian of the music business, full of clickbait articles and opinionated pieces from “journalists” whose only desire is to send a pair of eyeballs onto a webpage with flashing adverts, journalistic integrity? Never even heard of it!

Good to see the Morrissey camp fighting back, Morrissey views and thoughts are of course mainstream, some publications would love you to believe otherwise as they have their own dark agendas, and this is why he is being attacked by all quarters, if he was some fringe nutter with loopy views believe me he wouldn’t attract this flack! He must be shut up at all costs, whatever it takes, Yet already it is too late!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 7 Aug 2018, 19:52:01.

Kathleen
Member Avatar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Katsis

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Kathleen
Wed 8 Aug 2018, 10:19:21
Thanks, Kathleen! I was pretty sure I'd read somewhere that he was Morrissey's manager, but hadn't bothered to verify yet.... ;)

DAVIE
Member Avatar

So he manages both Morrissey and Boy George? Both completely different, but both Israeli supporters! How interesting!

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

NME really trying everything now to discredit Morrissey.What a ridiculous article.And brilliant response from Peter Katsis.I like his style.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.