Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Time To Scrap Our Old Coppers?
Topic Started: Wed 9 May 2018, 15:11:17 (121 Views)
DAVIE
Member Avatar

Maybe it's the right time and get rid of the 1ps and 2ps once and for all?

They are absolutely meaningless in today's society. You can't buy anything with them either.

It also makes me wonder why everyone still sells products with .99. Personally I hate having coppers in my wallet! You can't even give them to the homeless.

What does everyone think?

https://theconversation.com/why-the-uk-should-get-rid-of-1p-and-2p-coins-93500

Posted Image
Edited by DAVIE, Thu 10 May 2018, 12:01:54.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Yes, I agree, everything 1p, 2p and even the 5p should go, manufacturers and retailers could pop items to the nearest 10p and use stayflation instead of the current shrinkflation.

Would you stop to pick up a penny? Unlikely! you would not stoop for a tuppence nor a shilling, this should indicate that they are viewed as near worthless and, as Davie points out, only suiting Shopkeepers who use it as a psychological trick that doesn’t really work anyway.

On a side note I always fill up my car £40 and a penny so that I can spot the transactions easily as when you see £40 on the statement you immediately think it’s cash withdrawn.
(The real pro life tips are always in the comments)

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Thanks Reggie. At least we have some common sense in this country of ours! Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.