Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wimbledon setting an untenable position for tennis?
Topic Started: Tue 1 May 2018, 23:30:57 (119 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Another year and sadly another tennis story!

Serena Williams looked as if she was not going to be ranked in the top 32 for this years Wimbledon Championships, she took a considerable amount of time off to have a child (congratulations on that!) however she feels she can waltz in where she left off, without tumbling down the rankings, her theory is “having a child isn’t an injury” so she shouldn’t be penalised!

On the surface this sounds reasonable does it not? Yet, what about players who wish to tend to sick or aging parents and grandparents? That’s not an injury either...or male players who want to take a year off when a child is born to them? Should they be able to do that?

It may seem harsh, but there is no other way than the current way, and, once the rules are bent for one then we will see a multitude of “non injury” exemptions requested! And why not? What is sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

You have a point. And who cares if she goes down in the ranking when she's got a beautiful child?

The same goes for equal pay. The differences are usually down to motherhood and taking time off to be with their child, which is obviously the most natural thing to do.
Edited by DAVIE, Wed 2 May 2018, 00:18:19.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

DAVIE
Wed 2 May 2018, 00:16:17
You have a point. And who cares if she goes down in the ranking when she's got a beautiful child?

The same goes for equal pay. The differences are usually down to motherhood and taking time off to be with their child, which is obviously the most natural thing to do.
Ahhhh, the good old fashioned concept of sacrifice! You must be older than you look Davie, if you can remember a time when women and men actually selflessly sacrificed something for the privilege of raising a tiny human into adulthood! Unfortunately now we have a generation of selfish “I want it all” parents, who “want it all” and aren’t even embarrassed to say so...

Davie is right, your career will, or at least should take a hit when you have a child! At least one parent should (where possible) take extended time off to nurture and educate that bundle of joy - THAT NEVER ASKED TO BE BORN!!! There is too many “have it alls” that want everything, Serena wants someone who worked damn hard for 52 weeks to lose their place, because she has decided to play tennis again! I’d kick her arse right out the tournament if it was up to me!

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Wed 2 May 2018, 09:45:17
DAVIE
Wed 2 May 2018, 00:16:17

Ahhhh, the good old fashioned concept of sacrifice! You must be older than you look Davie, if you can remember a time when women and men actually selflessly sacrificed something for the privilege of raising a tiny human into adulthood! Unfortunately now we have a generation of selfish “I want it all” parents, who “want it all” and aren’t even embarrassed to say so...

Davie is right, your career will, or at least should take a hit when you have a child! At least one parent should (where possible) take extended time off to nurture and educate that bundle of joy - THAT NEVER ASKED TO BE BORN!!! There is too many “have it alls” that want everything, Serena wants someone who worked damn hard for 52 weeks to lose their place, because she has decided to play tennis again! I’d kick her arse right out the tournament if it was up to me!

I completely agree. That's why I don't agree with Northern Europe who think it's okay for mothers to simply "pop them out", put them straight into a nursery and go back to work. Where's the sense of family in that? Be with your child. If you don't want to be with your child then don't have them and save our planet being further polluted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.