Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Feel good stories in the news.
Topic Started: Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:08:04 (130 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

A thread to highlight good things that are happening in the news!

Plenty of threads focus on the negative, this thread is ONLY for good news and positive replies, so folks can come if they feel a little blue and cheer themselves up!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

A pod of Killer whales is making its way up the Clyde in Glasgow, Scotland has a number of Killer Whale pods but they usually don’t come far inland, a magnificent site for anybody lucky enough to see them!

And last month Scotland had a Walrus
Back in its waters, basking on the rocks...Walruses were indigenous to Scotland but hunted TIL they were none left, great to see species making a comeback and possibly evidence that the seas are getting cleaner now that heavy industry has all but shut down.
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:13:33.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/high-school-students-ingenious-solution-could-save-bees-from-drinking-poisonous-water/

Sounds like a good plan to me if we are going to save our bees. The genius behind the idea was 17 years old! It just shows the new generation are more conscious about saving our planet. Let's hope we continue down that path and hope global wreckers such as Trump don't live too long to create permanent damage on the Earth and thus threat the entire human race.
Edited by DAVIE, Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:49:32.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Bees are everybody’s friends! I love bees, seriously, I hate wasps with a passion (with good reason) but bees are friendly little souls! I’d have a hive or two but some folks in my immediate family have a propensity to anaphylactic shock and I don’t know how they would react to a sting! Could be fatal, so I don’t keep a hive.

Amazing little creatures though, a wonderful insect that like ladybirds inhabit the happy end of insect life, the other end is spiders, wasps and slugs!

DAVIE
Member Avatar

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/portugal-generated-enough-renewable-energy-to-power-the-country-for-an-entire-month/

When Britain decides whether to ban plastic straws. Portugal's left wing Government manages this and pushes for more national renewable energy.
Edited by DAVIE, Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:56:53.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Green energy is a win-win (except for old fossils who think dirty energy is still a good idea).
Scotland produced 70% of her energy using renewable sources last year, a magnificent figure as we head to smash the 100% barrier by 2020!

DAVIE
Member Avatar

I heard. It's all very positive. Best of all - we won't have to rely on other states to keep our lights on! I'll be a very proud human being once we are able to make our electricity nationally and using 100% clean energy :)
Edited by DAVIE, Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:20:58.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.