Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Home is a ?
Topic Started: Tue 6 Mar 2018, 20:30:44 (383 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

VEVO have only gone and done it again!

Home is a question mark, arguably the most “Morrissey” song Morrissey has ever written! An instant classic, sure to be in the top 5 of every fans all time list of great songs!
This song begs to be released as a double A sided single, with “I beg your pardon” (I never promised you a Rose Garden).

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 6 Mar 2018, 20:37:59.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Best song off the album. It is pretty Morrissey. I bet Alain could have played this really well. I think it could have actually done with his guitar work.
Edited by DAVIE, Tue 6 Mar 2018, 20:44:01.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Was it not originaly an Alain song?

Edit: source added!

http://www.krix-s.de/morrissey_rarities.htm
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 6 Mar 2018, 20:47:51.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Tue 6 Mar 2018, 20:46:48
Was it not originaly an Alain song?
Wouldn't surprise me. I can hear it. He did have talent.
Edited by DAVIE, Tue 6 Mar 2018, 20:48:39.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Song was mentioned on True to You in 2004, when Alain was very much alive and kicking, so to speak! Yeah, he had real talent, sorely missed!

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Tue 6 Mar 2018, 20:51:00
Song was mentioned on True to You in 2004, when Alain was very much alive and kicking, so to speak! Yeah, he had real talent, sorely missed!
I wonder just what happened....

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

I always understood he took a break, Moz thought he left the band and got in other folk, Alain thought he was free to return...cue awkwardness when he finds he has been permanently replaced!

Seems reasonable, If you are on a “pay per pay” contract, you leave thinking you will miss out on a tour or album but you get replaced, think Mark Nevin was going to co-write a Morrissey album and did the same, and it was the same net result!
Moral of the story, before lining up an extended break or extra side work best have a word with Moz! He won’t share you!

Alain was epic, Moz, Marr, Boz and Alain were the cream of the crop!

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Funny....I remember a similar thing happen in 1987.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Just a little bit of history repeating!

Love Shirley to bits but she doesn’t have the range darling, doesn’t have the RRRRaaaaaaaaannnnngggggeeeeee!

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

“One of our own” is listed as being in the vaults in 2005 too! More Alain goodness?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.