Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Vini Reilly - Hairdresser on fire
Topic Started: Mon 12 Feb 2018, 18:29:02 (606 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

In case you haven’t heard it! All credit goes to Hipsterdisco who never disappoints!

The fantastic Vini Reilly takes a shot on vocals...

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Mon 12 Feb 2018, 18:33:11.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Iamborn1

The first time ever I heard this track I was in a library and I physically choked with laughter... I was literally overcome and asphyxiated I should have had an ambulance I don't recall how I got my breath back this is hysterical possibly one of the best moments of my life that this exists and it cements the fact that you can make something out of Nothing.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Iamborn1
Mon 12 Feb 2018, 19:56:35
you can make something out of Nothing.
Maybe it shows you can make nothing out of something? Joking aside, Vini is a massive talent and was instrumental inter earliest days of Morrisseys solo career...I’d have loved a progression or evolution from the Viva Hate sound, but it wasn’t to be! So there it remains preserved in pickling fluid, perfect in all its parts!

Yeah the song is, pretty funny, I think Vini knew he couldn’t top Moz so played it for laughs, it never tickled me as much as it tickled you but it definitely amused me a great deal. I have to admit it takes a lot to get me laughing, I like highbrow art house cinema like this...

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Yeah, Vini was having a "mess around". They should release an instrumental version of the tracks on Viva Hate. I'd love to hear them solely for the instrumentation.

He can actually sing when wants to try. Maybe not perfectly, but it's okay.

Edit: Reggie, you've made me get out the Durutti Column records. You're to blame!

Edited by DAVIE, Tue 13 Feb 2018, 00:03:23.

Iamborn1

Yeah the song is, pretty funny, I think Vini knew he couldn’t top Moz so played it for laughs, it never tickled me as much as it tickled you but it definitely amused me a great deal. I have to admit it takes a lot to get me laughing, I like highbrow art house cinema like this...

Seriously???? Fart jokes that's way too sophisticated for me.
Way over my head and the subtext is deeply provocative.
looking at those two characters which one is Moz and which one is Vini?

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

You can tell the film is art-house simply by the French subtitles at the start! An American film, filmed in the English language with French subtitles...It doesn’t get more multicultural that that!

You cannot reduce ‘Dumb and Dumber To’ down to “fart jokes” no more than you could reduce the Mona Lisa down to “a few blobs of paint” or Michelangelo’s David down to “a lump of rock”.

[and if I made anybody get out the Durruti Column LPs then I deserve the credit, not the blame!]

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 13 Feb 2018, 19:06:18.

Iamborn1

Yes I can and Yes I did... Dumb and Dumber is reduced to fart jokes!just accept it !I don't care for your French subtitles that is a complete ruse let's face it... what was that you said? The reference to a perfume? Cerruti 1881 not a column,ahh yes I remember it well smell you later dudes!

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

There is as much room for bellylaughs as bellyaching...Dumb and Dumber, are what they are, a thin plot, some visual gags and some toilet humour! They don’t kid on, and occasionally, once in a while I will take that!

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 13 Feb 2018, 21:28:58.

Iamborn1

How dare you ... in my presence mentioning That "boy band "it's unforgivable no need for that Reggie you have brought it on

Iamborn1

On reflection Reg? if I can be so casual ..the reference I made was extremely trivial I painted a vulgar picture I am so sorry (maybe I'm not sorry) I had a few drinks and got very emotional and at this precise moment I'm half a person I am a tedious crashing bore and my life is a pigsty and so as I climb into an empty bed ..I wonder.....?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Related Artists · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.