Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Utopia
Topic Started: Mon 5 Feb 2018, 22:50:28 (204 Views)
DAVIE
Member Avatar

If you mistakenly fell upon a land of utopia where you could live the rest of your life in pure bliss, would you live there for the rest your life?

There is, however, one condition I must add. If you left utopia to bring family or whatever. It would vanish forever....You can either live in utopia without your friends or family or remain in the here and now with all of its problems.

What would you do?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Another interesting question!

Personally I have an aging mother, and wouldn’t be able to disappear into a Shangri-la type Utopia without knowing what was happening (I have lived to the age where you become your parents parent!). And, in all honesty, if you ever watch “Wanted Down Under” I think this is quite common, do you want to live in a two bed flat on a dank council scheme in Bristol or this 5 bed sunny Melbourne apartment complete with pool, and 5 acre yard?

Surprising though it is, many turn down the “Utopia” and opt for the dank life in Britain! Why? In the words of the old hymn it’s “the ties that bind”, which is often stronger than any personal desires.

What about anybody else? and what about you Davie? You have to enter alone? Woudja? Coudja?

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Like Reggie, I am at an age where I've created a life with my family and couldn't imagine life without having them around me. Utopia without my family and my few close friends..... just wouldn't be Utopia for me.

That said... I think after awhile the idea of any Utopia, no matter how perfect it seemed at first, would grow boring after awhile. Don't you think? Life can be crap sometimes... but those hard times do make the good times all the more special.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Edit: You know what??? I bloody would!
Edited by DAVIE, Wed 14 Feb 2018, 22:35:29.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.