Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Should Morrissey pay my speeding ticket?
Topic Started: Wed 31 Jan 2018, 21:26:34 (181 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Over the decades, I feel I have accrued a not inconsiderable understanding of the law, initially through ITVs “Crown Court” and subsequently via “Rumpole of the Bailey” and “The Irish R.M.” and laterly with approximately two decades of “Judge Judy” I feel well qualified to ask the question, should Morrissey pay my speeding ticket?

Let me put the facts before you, I was driving a commercial vehicle, in a northerly direction on an A class road, the maximum speed limit for said vehicle is 60 mph, whereas cars can travel at 70 mph, as luck (or fate) should have it “Boy Racer” came on the sound system, causing an involuntarily depression of the accelerator thereby increasing the vehicle speed outwith the aforementioned 60 mph! I realised the speed was creeping up, but alas too late!
Bingo Bango, flash, bang and wallop what a picture! The police were out with their radar and cameras!

I am not looking for sympathy, but I have to say “but for the fact”, “but for the fact Morrissey makes such damn fine tunes I wouldn’t be in this predicament”!

Do you think Morrissey should pay my fine? Is he under any kind of legal or moral obligation to do so? Had Ed Sheehan come on then I’d be 3 points and £60 better off! Why should I be penalised because Morrissey writes a foot stomper? Or do I deserve to have the book thrown at me?

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Wed 31 Jan 2018, 21:32:46.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Naughty Naughty Reggie!

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Davie thinks the blame lies with me? Yet I’m not so sure! Yes I admit I had my foot to the floor, but the vehicle was speed restricted! If anything I should get a commendation from the police for not “riding the clutch” and letting the vehicle exceed its inherent manufacturers speeding restrictions!

Perhaps it was unreasonable to think Moz should pay my fine, should I have chased his record label at the time?

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Wed 31 Jan 2018, 22:30:44
Davie thinks the blame lies with me? Yet I’m not so sure! Yes I admit I had my foot to the floor, but the vehicle was speed restricted! If anything I should get a commendation from the police for not “riding the clutch” and letting the vehicle exceed its inherent manufacturers speeding restrictions!

Perhaps it was unreasonable to think Moz should pay my fine, should I have chased his record label at the time?

SnMmod I shall use the dominatrix emoji on you for thinking such a thing hehe!

Posted Image
Edited by DAVIE, Thu 1 Feb 2018, 02:19:13.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.