Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The BBC has nobody available for interview, for the BBC!
Topic Started: Tue 30 Jan 2018, 20:36:45 (201 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

You would think I was making this up, sadly I am not! Despite declaring itself a paragon of all virtue as well as a world leader in equal pay for women (despite the known facts that PROVE otherwise), the BBC declines to make anyone available for interviews for one of its own female reporters! It’s almost as if they have something to hide? If they are so proud of their “industry leading” pay then why aren’t they out there? It’s almost as if the auditors signed off on a pile of rubbish!

The BBC maintains there is no gender bias, despite admitting that they pay men more than women!

In a world dominated by fake news you gotta hand it to the BBC, they don’t give a flying dig about facts!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Where do you even start with paying presenters and actors? They are all paid differently anyway. It really must be tricky to pay actors as you can't pay them all the same as there is no minimum wage or system in place to pay the actors all equally.

I bet if you said to every single actor, "there will be one wage" or "there will be a minimum rate" they would all disappear. Also, where does it end? Would black actors then say "hey, why aren't WE being paid the same as the white male actors" Would the disabled actors then say, "hey, why aren't we being paid the same rate as the fully abled actors".

It's a minefield. I don't think the BBC have any answers because they have no answers...unless they pay everyone exactly the same. Unfortunately we do not live in that society and our current world is very complicated based on who society (and our Governments) deems should be paid more or less.

Here's a question for everyone on here: Should everyone be paid exactly the same in whatever job?
Edited by DAVIE, Tue 30 Jan 2018, 22:58:47.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

I see what you are saying about actors, they “add value” in a commercial sense therefore paying more makes sense - if more return can be expected.

Presenters are a different kettle of fish, especially Presenters on a non-commercial channel, one particular show has 2 co-presenters, a male and a female on massively different wages - the man gets 3 times the wage of the woman. When both are co-presenting and neither is lead then you have to ask questions. The fact the BBC management is making itself unavailable to its own reporters tells us all we need to know on the subject!

Notably, the disparity continues behind the camera!

“Women, come and work for the BBC, where you can earn anything between 33% to a whopping 90% of a mans earnings”. The shabby truth that H.R. should have to include on every vacancy!

Yeah, a universal income or wage would be a great thing! Human beings at their core want to work, and contribute, greed is a tremendous negative motivator! Greed can be directly linked to every major financial crash and almost all ruination of the environment, remove greed as a motivator and most environmental issues would improve or disappear, medicine would become far more effective as people researched the real diseases that blight lives, rather than working backwards from what drugs would be most profitable.
Call me old fashioned, but I have a tremendous belief in people, yes you would have a few layabouts that take advantage, but they would be in the minority and ostracised by the great mass of people who would want to do a good days work!

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Yes, presenters should all be paid the same. I completely agree and I was indeed referring more to actors as I'm sure you already knew.
Edited by DAVIE, Wed 31 Jan 2018, 21:53:52.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.