Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Guardian,a small paper for the small minded
Topic Started: Mon 15 Jan 2018, 22:45:48 (580 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Today the BBC runs a front page story, decrying Morrissey, using, yes you guessed it! The Guardian quotes...as usual I refuse to link to rubbish, it is currently on the front page of the U.K. BBC website, if you must!

However...

This story caused me to smile today, the Guardian has achieved a milestone on its ever descending journey. It is now a tabloid! The sharp witted have know it was a tabloid masquerading as a broadsheet for some years, but now the journey to the dark side is complete!

And this occurs on the very day that the BBC runs a front page decrying Morrissey, using The Guardian as their source! The Guardian is now a very diminished paper! both literally and figuratively!

Hope Morrissey picks up on this, sweet, sweet news!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Mon 15 Jan 2018, 23:25:55.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Is there a link to the story you are referring to? Without any actual Morrissey content, this thread might need to be moved to the Off Topic forum.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Hi, there is a story, well two actually, as you know I am reticent to link to complete rubbish,,,but I understand that others may wish to find out for themselves!

Front page of the BBC is one of their “hatchet” pieces, Morrissey is lead picture, the article is something about 5 pop stars that have written novels that were either great or trash. There was no story per se, once you clicked in, it was an excuse to write trash about Moz, they used the Guardian as source to make it look like a reliable and independent source was
A personal attack, by the BBC on Morrissey, aided and abetted by The Guardian.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/2d263f2a-3375-49d1-9888-73d2d66f8af5

As for The Guardian, her readers tend to think they are better than the everyday “tabloid” readers (not all do, I accept that some cling to the days when it had integrity). The Guardian has now had to join the downtown tabloid set! Remember recently I pointed out how the actual newspaper was a vanity project? Not sure if the editors read that, but the seem to concur and have slashed the size of the paper, downsizing it dramatically to tabloid size, which is a humiliation as tabloid papers are synonymous with low grade journalism in the U.K.
I don’t believe in Karma, but for once I understand why others do, Moz will be chortling up his sleeve as the “ringleader of his tormentors” undergoes the ultimate humiliation, before collapsing, that can befall a “serious” newspaper!

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/01/15/the-guardian-rebrand-will-the-tabloid-relaunch-revitalise-the-newspapers-dwindling

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 16 Jan 2018, 08:10:57.

Iamborn1

Reggie Peppery
Mon 15 Jan 2018, 22:45:48
Today the BBC runs a front page story, decrying Morrissey, using, yes you guessed it! The Guardian quotes...as usual I refuse to link to rubbish, it is currently on the front page of the U.K. BBC website, if you must!

However...

This story caused me to smile today, the Guardian has achieved a milestone on its ever descending journey. It is now a tabloid! The sharp witted have know it was a tabloid masquerading as a broadsheet for some years, but now the journey to the dark side is complete!

And this occurs on the very day that the BBC runs a front page decrying Morrissey, using The Guardian as their source! The Guardian is now a very diminished paper! both literally and figuratively!

Hope Morrissey picks up on this, sweet, sweet news!
It should be cut into convenient squares then I know where I would like to wipe it. Possibly and only then would that rag serve a "useful" purpose

Troublemaker's Dad

Forgive me (maybe you will, maybe you won't?) - but I love reading The Guardian. Please recommend a better and more intelligent daily paper. I've looked and can't find one on the new-stands. The rest are right-wing trash or sexist comics. Each to their own eh?

And all your snidey, crap jokes won't render me "small-minded" either.

And I thought their review of Morrissey's most recent album was absolutely bang on the money. Some of it is plodding, leaden, heavy-handed rubbish.

In fairness, some of it isn't.

You see I'm very old, old enough to remember when he could write songs that touched your heart. That comforted and inspired.....

It seems to me that the tendency around here to salute "My Morrissey right or wrong" approaches something very unpleasant. And am I the only one a bit sickened by his keen adoption of "Victim status"? I mean, do me a favour.

There was always one nasty Mozzer website, but now there seem to be two.

I guess I'm tendering my resignation?

I know I won't be missed (and frankly that's a comfort)

TD xx

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Troublemaker's Dad
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 18:59:55
Forgive me (maybe you will, maybe you won't?) - but I love reading The Guardian. Please recommend a better and more intelligent daily paper. I've looked and can't find one on the new-stands. The rest are right-wing trash or sexist comics. Each to their own eh?

And I thought their review of Morrissey's most recent album was absolutely bang on the money. Some of it is plodding, leaden, heavy-handed rubbish.

You see I'm very old, old enough to remember when he could write songs that touched your heart. That comforted and inspired.....

It seems to me that the tendency around here to salute "My Morrissey right or wrong" approaches something very unpleasant. And am I the only one a bit sickened by his keen adoption of "Victim status"? I mean, do me a favour.

TD xx
No. There isn't a better newspaper, but that's the point everyone has been making on other threads. The Guardian is just a Neo-Liberal rag. I'd be ashamed to be seen with any UK newspaper. The Guardian doesn't even support Corbyn's Social Democracy, but it's quite happy to voice the words of Blair. It's disgusting.

On the other point, not many here like Morrissey's album - but that's just Morrissey's fans in general. Can you blame them? It's a dud album. If we had loads more users on here who could praise the album then that would actually be a good thing.

People are just giving their views. Sometimes they are negative. But they are opinions nonetheless. Morrissey hasn't been positive either. But that doesn't mean we disrespect him like SoLow. Find me an article where we are slating him as a person. You won't find one.
Edited by DAVIE, Mon 22 Jan 2018, 19:24:54.

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Troublemaker's Dad
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 18:59:55

TD xx
You will be very missed, T.D.....but I applaud your honesty, and wish you well.
Take care. radiatinglove

Troublemaker's Dad

Goodbye.

TD xx

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

You will be missed, I for one will miss you!

The Guardian is what it is, if you enjoy reading it fair play, honestly I don’t give a jot about The Guardian except it runs a total-anti Moz agenda. Why? I do not know, but Morrissey was right to start of his December video by pointing this out, as it is matter of fact. I will crow when their lack of leadership leads them down the plug hole, that paper is totally and completely anti Morrissey (possibly because he doesn’t support their agenda to have 52% of the population disenfranchised?).
No snide jokes were aimed at anyone, (excepting Guardian leadership) and I do hope you appreciate that!
On another note you seem to be a bit disappointed or displeased with Morrissey, he is who he is, nothing ever changes deep down, I never bought the last album or his novel as both contained themes I am not in the least interested in exploring, but I don’t harp on or complain like many do on other sites, and I’ll tell you what, I reckon his last few gigs and last few sets were the best in his entire career! I hope you will still head out for gigs as and when they are in your vicinity!

Lastly re-reading your question, Honestly I don’t think there is a better newspaper available, newspapers are dead, in my opinion. I think you have to aggregate your news intake, by all means use newspapers, BBC, CNN, Fox, but also news sources that you aren’t necessarily inclined to agree with...I won’t put names here as we are all inclined to believe or disbelieve different sources.

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Mon 22 Jan 2018, 19:50:25.

Kathleen
Member Avatar

Oh TD - please don't go.

It irks me too, as an old Guardian reader...

And I'm more than perplexed by recent happenings...

I guess I too am finding some similarities between here and another place that is just dire. Any similarities are saddening.

I love that the premis of this place always seemed - and perhaps I'm wrong, but it was always what I thought - along the lines of "if you can't say something nice..."

I don't know

*shrug*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.