Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
December Speech from Morrissey
Topic Started: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 22:07:33 (854 Views)
mammaof3
Member Avatar

Morrissey's December Speech - 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Wow!!!

Firstly he looks terrible, as anybody suffering from the flu does! He is very cogent however! Very incisive! Will he ever play in America again? That’s not in his hands anymore!!!

Again can I wish everyone here, and Morrissey sincere good wishes for 2018, and the BEST of health too! Morrissey is the voice of a generation and must never be quiet!

Der Spiegel and The Guardian won’t win, Morrissey is under the weather right now, but still fighting, still holding his own, soon he will be match fit and playing the gigs and feeling the love!!!

Come to Scotland, bask in the love!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Sun 17 Dec 2017, 22:41:21.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

mammaof3
Sun 17 Dec 2017, 22:07:33
Morrissey's December Speech - 2017
I love him always.And I will never stop.I dont believe anyone except Morrissey!!And this part about Manchesters children made me tearful.Its so heartbreaking.So tragic. And must be so painful for him. Der Spiegel did so much damage its unbelievable...secret services questioning.:(:(Poor sweetie I hope he will get some rest and relax,and we are both sick with flu right now :):).But we will get better.:):)Awesome speech he needs to do it more often. :D We need to thank Sam for this if not him we wouldnt have it-we are lucky to have him.

Iamborn1

This brought a huge lump to my throat
He's very poorly and yet trying very sincerely to separate fact from fiction it's enough to drain and sicken anyone.
Only believe what you believe when you see him or hear him.
That's the best advice.
The press in the U.K are an utter disgrace.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Sun 17 Dec 2017, 22:39:34
Wow!!!

Firstly he looks terrible
No he doesnt!:):)He looks beautiful. happyflirt happyflirt happyflirt

mammaof3
Member Avatar

This video makes me a little sad. He looks miserably ill. And it's depressing to listen to him spend the majority of the video complaining about all the "haters" and placing all the blame on others.... and so little time speaking about the tour or the album. :ermm:

It would be a shame if his comments in the article were to actually make him unable to enter the US ... but if the secret service were as understanding and nice as he says, it seems unlikely. Let's hope...

edited to add: the placement of the Feminist Avante Guard book is interesting, too... and obviously deliberate.

Edited by mammaof3, Mon 18 Dec 2017, 05:35:31.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

It's a great idea to do a video and I think YouTube interviews and "talking to the camera" features like these are great ways to get your points across. It's a shame that he didn't start doing this years ago. You can tell by this tactic that Morrissey is obviously very worried about his image. I don't think he needs to worry as I'm sure he will bounce back as he always does. I don't know how the reviewers reviewed his album altogether, but I actually read quite a few positive ones around it's release date.

He maybe right about left and right switching on how they tackle free speech. Something is definitely changing. The media itself is mutating into something else. Instead of simply reporting the news, it has become the judge and jury. Welcome to the Neo-Liberal culture.

Edited by DAVIE, Mon 18 Dec 2017, 13:07:40.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

What a fantastic, well balanced reaction from Morrissey who is visibly unwell, the general reviews I noticed were in essence, great album but he supports Brexit therefore 2/5 stars.
I do believe in times to come the album will be reviewed musically and not politically as is happening currently, time will tell!

Newspapers, after they have been read are pulped down and made into toilet paper, this is known as recycling, or upcycling if it’s The Guardian!

Morrissey does come over as a little paranoid, yet the old saying holds true...just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean that they aren’t all out to get you...

Meantime’s all is well, A great album, the best gigs of his lifetime, a new leg to commence soon, a direct method to communicate with his fans! Do the U.K. tour Moz and feel the love and support!!!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 19 Dec 2017, 22:26:25.

mammaof3
Member Avatar

I feel a bit like I am watching a totally different video than others are..... because I am not seeing much positive about it. I watched the video a second time, and came away just as sad. It is disappointing to listen to Morrissey repeatedly blame the press and the "haters" rather than take responsibility for his own words... :( And what a dichotomy for him to complain so much about the music business when he so clearly yearns to do well in the charts.

Miss the "old days"... a list of his top 10 US concerts would have been more enjoyable to read.

Kathleen
Member Avatar

I'm seeing the same one you're seeing, mammaof3...

Having said that, it *is* fab to see him, and I hope this is the start of a new thing for him. At least with the video's there should no longer be any "confusion" of what is and isn't said...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.