Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Spent the day in bed!
Topic Started: Tue 17 Oct 2017, 13:12:29 (883 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Must admit the song is growing on me. And this video is so Morrissey..... I like it. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

This is far and away the best track off the album! The video has more than just a hint of “Lou and Andy”, mixed in with Brian from ‘Phoenix Nights’ though!

Here’s what I meant...

Lou and Andy, Brian Potter and The Proclaimers

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:52:47.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Tue 17 Oct 2017, 13:12:29
What a great news after long day of working overtime for 12hours.Awesome video!!I love the dancer on stage!! :D My only complaint would be this sort of brown/orange light -I would prefer blue light.You cant see Morrisseys face in the video except of 1stunning moment when he looks into the camera-hypnotizing.But its too little-should be much much more.
Edited by JoanOfArc, Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:37:27.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

JoanOfArc
Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:32:34
Reggie Peppery
Tue 17 Oct 2017, 13:12:29
What a great news after long day of working overtime for 12hours.Awesome video!!I love the dancer on stage!! :D My only complaint would be this sort of brown/orange light -I would prefer blue light.You cant see Morrisseys face in the video except of 1stunning moment when he looks into the camera-hypnotizing.But its too little-should be much much more.
I liked the video, the pub is a real “spit and sawdust”, Phoenix Nights kind of a sh*thole, very reminiscent of my regular, my regular wasn’t so grand though! I assure you all that this pub was positively palatial compared to my regular! The only worse pub I ever went to was one in Glenrothes where I kid you not, you could buy bottles of knocked off Vodka from the Barstaff as long as you bought Cola draught! (whether it was fake or real but no duty paid I don’t know). People literally had bottles of Smirnoff on their tables and just bought cokes all night!

That’s rough!

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Spent The Day In Bed is pretty much a rehash of lyrics from You've Got Everything Now and Still Ill in the sense that Morrissey is still telling everyone not to work. However, instead of a quick remark as he did back in The Smiths days. It's now 2017 and he uses it as the whole meaning of the song. Did the lyrics need to be sung? In my opinion, no.

I'm a bit conflicted on the whole premise of singing "don't work. it's not worth it" as it's just a very immature thing to say and it doesn't help anybody. In fact it comes across a bit different now than it was in 1983 as Morrissey has a lot of wealth and fame behind him nowadays. But that's just my few pennies worth on that subject.
Edited by DAVIE, Thu 2 Nov 2017, 11:30:34.

mammaof3
Member Avatar

DAVIE
Thu 2 Nov 2017, 11:19:57
Spent The Day In Bed is pretty much a rehash of lyrics from You've Got Everything Now and Still Ill in the sense that Morrissey is still telling everyone not to work. However, instead of a quick remark as he did back in The Smiths days. It's now 2017 and he uses it as the whole meaning of the song. Did the lyrics need to be sung? In my opinion, no.

I'm a bit conflicted on the whole premise of singing "don't work. it's not worth it" as it's just a very immature thing to say and it doesn't help anybody. In fact it comes across a bit different now than it was in 1983 as Morrissey has a lot of wealth and fame behind him nowadays. But that's just my few pennies worth on that subject.
I get what you mean, DAVIE.... the message feels slightly different coming from someone with wealth and fame who doesn't have to go to work everyday (like most of us do) than the message did back in the Smiths, when it was believable that he'd recently been collecting unemployment... From so many of the things he says these days, and now even some of the lyrics in the songs, it feels like he is a bit out of touch with "real life". I fear I find less and less relatable in the lyrics these days....and fewer poetic phrases that hit me.

But his voice and the band sound great, thankfully... so you can bet I'll be buying a copy of the new album anyway. ;)

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

DAVIE
Thu 2 Nov 2017, 11:19:57

Well i love spending day in bed its so relaxing-just listening to music and reading.Pure bliss.Seriously who likes to work??Pretending to be nice and all this draining stuff.I would spend my days going to dance classes or dance workshops and doing stuff I like.And going to every possible Morrissey show.Also we REALLY dont earn a lot here so I have to divide the stuff I want to buy.E.g.english people earn few times more than me yet complain that they cant afford tickets or travel or some stuff like this I cant understand it and it always suprises me because we in Eastern Europe REALLY CANT afford all the stuff at once because our salaries REALLY are low -not because I spent money on something else and now im complaining how I dont have any money.I have to divide(this month another bundle,next month tickets next month plane tickets and so on-eg uk dates are not for me coz in febr.i still wont have enough to pay for hotels).Also so what that he has a lot of wealth now-he earned everything he has with his great talent.He is not a son of rich parents.
Edited by JoanOfArc, Fri 3 Nov 2017, 18:52:35.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

JoanOfArc
Fri 3 Nov 2017, 18:51:10
english people earn few times more than me yet complain that they cant afford tickets or travel or some stuff like this I cant understand it and it always suprises me because we in Eastern Europe REALLY CANT afford all the stuff at once because our salaries REALLY are low -not because I spent money on something else and now im complaining how I dont have any money.I have to divide(this month another bundle,next month tickets next month plane tickets and so on-eg uk dates are not for me coz in febr.i still wont have enough to pay for hotels).Also so what that he has a lot of wealth now-he earned everything he has with his great talent.He is not a son of rich parents.
I have an answer for that. The wages maybe higher. But so are the prices for literally everything. It doesn't matter what wage you are on in any countries. The prices always reflect the wage. Norway have higher wages than ourselves in Britain, but they have same problems we have. It's a global problem as we all live within a globalised world. We are all the same.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

DAVIE
Fri 3 Nov 2017, 19:32:28
JoanOfArc
Fri 3 Nov 2017, 18:51:10
english people earn few times more than me yet complain that they cant afford tickets or travel or some stuff like this I cant understand it and it always suprises me because we in Eastern Europe REALLY CANT afford all the stuff at once because our salaries REALLY are low -not because I spent money on something else and now im complaining how I dont have any money.I have to divide(this month another bundle,next month tickets next month plane tickets and so on-eg uk dates are not for me coz in febr.i still wont have enough to pay for hotels).Also so what that he has a lot of wealth now-he earned everything he has with his great talent.He is not a son of rich parents.
I have an answer for that. The wages maybe higher. But so are the prices for literally everything. It doesn't matter what wage you are on in any countries. The prices always reflect the wage. Norway have higher wages than ourselves in Britain, but they have same problems we have. It's a global problem as we all live within a globalised world. We are all the same.
Well not really.(not in post communistic countries).Because the prices of plane tickets and hotels are international-so for me it will be like 80-90% of my wage and for english person maybe like 20-30%.Also when I was in Nottingham ive checked prices in shops just to compare to polish prices and they were higher-yes - but not 5times higher than in Poland so you still can buy a lot more with your wage than someone in Poland.
Edited by JoanOfArc, Fri 3 Nov 2017, 19:46:16.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.