Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Spent the day in bed" airs today at 08:10 BBC Radio 2
Topic Started: Mon 18 Sep 2017, 18:28:39 (434 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Update...Chris Evans has been talking about the new Morrissey single and informs us it will be played at 08:10 on BBC Radio 2 this morning....

New track airing early Tuesday morning (UK time), an upbeat song asking us to 'avoid the news' and stay in bed "no bus, no boss, no rain, no train"

Yes, Moz has his finger firmly on the pulse!

BBC radio 6 tweets...

Tomorrow @ShaunWKeaveny plays @officialmoz's new single, Spent The Day In Bed, at 8.40am, plus Morrissey joins us for #6MusicLive on 2 Oct
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 19 Sep 2017, 18:03:29.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Mon 18 Sep 2017, 18:28:39
I'll replace this sentence with a link as soon as it becomes available..

New track airing early Tuesday morning (UK time), an upbeat song asking us to 'avoid the news' and stay in bed "no bus, no boss, no rain, no train"

Yes, Moz has his finger firmly on the pulse!

BBC radio 6 tweets...

Tomorrow @ShaunWKeaveny plays @officialmoz's new single, Spent The Day In Bed, at 8.40am, plus Morrissey joins us for #6MusicLive on 2 Oct
Yay!!!!!!! :applause I cant wait!!!(Especially as I love to spend my day in bed-its so relaxing.)
Edited by JoanOfArc, Mon 18 Sep 2017, 23:08:42.

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Chris Evans says he will play it at 08:10 on BBC radio 2...he was singing the chorus "don't watch the news, the news contrives to frighten you", he informs us that it couldn't be more different from The Spice Girls 'Spice up your life'...

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

It has aired!!!

Preceded by Judy Garland "get ready for the judgement day"...

Potted bio by Chris, all very positive!

Some of the lyrics..,

I spent the day in bed,
Very happy I did,

I'm not my type, but I love my bed

Stop watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you,
To make you feel small and alone,
To make you feel your mind isn't your own.

All my dreams are perfectly legal
Time do as I wish

I spent my day in bed, you can do as you wish...
Time ends in death so be good to yourself.

No bus, no boss, no rain, no train.

10/10 rip roaring track!!! Number 1 written all over it!

Next Chris plays , heaven knows I'm miserable now..,

That's all the lyrics I caught on the first play, I'll put up full lyrics later
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 19 Sep 2017, 08:22:53.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Yes!!!!!And its beautiful!!!I love it!!!

mammaof3
Member Avatar

:ermm: Maybe it'll grow on me, but I have to admit I'm not feeling the instant love like I have in the past when hearing a new Morrissey song. The music is nice, and the melody is catchy.... but I'm just not connecting with the lyrics. :huh: Maybe I'll feel differently after a few more listens.... I do like the sound of it....

And I thought WPINOYB was a brilliant album, though... so I'm still hopeful I'll like the rest of this new one. :thumbs
Edited by mammaof3, Tue 19 Sep 2017, 15:37:26.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

mammaof3
Tue 19 Sep 2017, 15:27:18
:ermm: Maybe it'll grow on me, but I have to admit I'm not feeling the instant love like I have in the past when hearing a new Morrissey song. The music is nice, and the melody is catchy.... but I'm just not connecting with the lyrics. :huh: Maybe I'll feel differently after a few more listens.... I do like the sound of it....
Same...I'll skip this track on the album. Awful.

Keep 'em coming Moz!

----------------------------------------------

I was thinking of the lyrics this morning. They are actually quite funny. I'm not sure if that was it's intention though...
Edited by DAVIE, Thu 21 Sep 2017, 19:17:52.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.