Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New album finally announced!
Topic Started: Tue 22 Aug 2017, 13:14:36 (453 Views)
actionman

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/men-morrissey-announces-new-album-low-in-high-school-november-17-on-etienne-records-bmg.140537/

I am so happy!

Joe
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Fantastic!!!! Brilliant album title! Sounds like it may have some Latin themes to the music again. I can't wait! Now Morrissey, keep quiet about the label! You are onto a winner here!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

OMG!!!!WHAT AN AMAZING NEWS!!!!II didnt expect it today,Ive thought that we will have to wait much longer.Im completely suprised and so happy!!!I love the title-its quite intriguing.
Edited by JoanOfArc, Tue 22 Aug 2017, 22:45:14.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Are we to assume then that the album has been recorded and mastered? I wonder what promotion it will get? Live TV appearances maybe?
Edited by DAVIE, Wed 23 Aug 2017, 13:46:52.

actionman

DAVIE
Wed 23 Aug 2017, 13:46:25
Are we to assume then that the album has been recorded and mastered? I wonder what promotion it will get? Live TV appearances maybe?
Of course it´s fully completed!
We will see how much promotion BMG can put on him.
Hopefully they´ll do a better job than Harvest... :'(
Edited by actionman, Wed 23 Aug 2017, 15:23:17.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

actionman
Wed 23 Aug 2017, 15:22:43
DAVIE
Wed 23 Aug 2017, 13:46:25
Of course it´s fully completed!
We will see how much promotion BMG can put on him.
Hopefully they´ll do a better job than Harvest... :'(
Yes. Hopefully those poetry promos have been taken down from the internet altogether. They had some terrible ideas... squiffy

I would love to see Morrissey performing some of his new songs for a few TV stations. Even the odd television interview if Morrissey wants to bother turning up for that. I really can't wait!

I wonder how long till we see the set list? Will the leakers will get there before the official news is out?
Edited by DAVIE, Wed 23 Aug 2017, 19:15:23.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Happy days Joe!!!

Looks like Morrissey had labels fighting over him too!!!

I hope we don't have two different versions of the album on relearn, like Maladjusted or World Peace, I hope we have a definitive version, and in time a bonus tracks version...I realise I live in the past and labels dictate strategy but I can state my opinion, for the little it's worth!

The spoken word poems, are not In my view inherently a bad thing, I'd love to see Moz speak out How Soon is Now or There is a Light or That's How People Grow Up in fact from World Peace I think Neil Cassidy drops dead would have shone as a reading. I strongly felt the songs chosen didn't have lyrics that lent themselves to that treatment, coupled with a lack of artistic belief in the decision, Moz also seemed to be in a bad spot health wise and even his speaking voice seemed laboured and forced, his breathing just seemed painful at that point- to be honest it was disconcerting at best, quite worrying at worst! Glad he looks much more chipper now!!!

Andy yet here we are, new tour, new album, new Moz!!!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Thu 24 Aug 2017, 08:59:53.

goinghome
Member Avatar

Low in High School.
So-Low in? Not the most appealing title, to me anyway but there's more to it.
Yes, good news : )

mammaof3
Member Avatar

goinghome
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:27:24
Low in High School.
So-Low in? Not the most appealing title, to me anyway but there's more to it.
Yes, good news : )
Yeah, I must admit, as excited as I am about a new album, the title is a bit of a head-scratcher.... and definitely not my favorite...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.