Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Johnny Marr teases Smiths news...
Topic Started: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 08:32:10 (791 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Candy says 'back with news very soon'.
Posted on Twitter by Johnny Marr, 19/07/17

This post came after a couple of short promos for The Queen is Dead reissue were posted online, as well as a link to listen to take 1 of 'There is a light that never goes out'. All hosted on The Smiths Facebook page.

Here is the link to 'There is a light (in your eyes) that never goes out, take 1.

https://lnk.to/TIALTNGOTake1

Edited by Reggie Peppery, Thu 20 Jul 2017, 12:41:28.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Johnny Marr has just ignited, then doused, a story spreading like wildfire that The Smith's are on the verge of reuniting... Firstly he put the above image and quote onto social media, then when asked if The Smiths are reforming he replied "Get a grip" (for overseas readers that's a colloquial expression meaning get a grip on reality ").

So there we have it, more Smiths goodness is definitely on the way, in some form!
Morrissey recently posted TQisD images and got justifiably irate as HMV sought, in vain, to keep The Smiths off of number one spot, Johnny is tweeting more news soon...there is definitely a united effort to promote The Smiths by both Artists at the moment and that has to be a great thing whatever it produces for us, the fans...

Still I for one can only.dream that we are on the verge of British music's biggest day, Oasis for support? The Gallachers would put their differences aside and reunite for that honour.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

More demos? Sounds good to me!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Yeah more demos!!! My favorite thing! And I'm lucky enough to have a 24 bit Flac playing Denon, so hopefully my ears will think they have died and gone to heaven when I put on the hi-res version of TQisD!

I will sit square in front, one foot away and let that glorious intro wash over me, like I'm a teenager once more.

But I think Marr is teasing us a little more, tormenting us even...Standing in front of a The Smiths poster and using the phrase "back...soon"

Pure teasing, he KNEW what he was doing, especially with Morrissey putting up so much info and getting aerated because of the treatment The Smiths are getting AGAIN!

I am not saying we are getting trolled, maybe played in good humour though, and maybe, just maybe Marr is testing the ice. All that matters in the end is they are both happy, happy to share the triumphs of the past, whether they will ever do more than that is up to them, but I can dream, and if you are going to dream then dream big!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Thu 20 Jul 2017, 19:31:43.

More about Marr's cryptic tweet - http://faroutmagazine.co.uk/johnny-marr-responds-to-the-smiths-reunion-speculation/

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/johnny-marr-the-smiths-reunion--13357360

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 19:05:06
But I think Marr is teasing us a little more, tormenting us even...Standing in front of a The Smiths poster and using the phrase "back...soon"

Exactly.Strange.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 12:39:29

Still I for one can only.dream that we are on the verge of British music's biggest day, Oasis for support? The Gallachers would put their differences aside and reunite for that honour.
Hmmm so many Morrissey and Smiths quotes from Liam Gallagher, so many! And Oasis are on the verge of reforming...what can it mean???

Edit: Whoops credit where credit is due, Joan of Arc picked up on this already, I have been caught napping!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 26 Dec 2017, 16:51:26.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.