Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
True-to-you.net : Thanks, Julia; Update - TTY appears to be back!
Topic Started: Tue 4 Jul 2017, 22:39:33 (511 Views)
goinghome
Member Avatar

After providing a forum for Morrissey and his fans for many years, through the noughties and beyond, lovely proprietor Julia Reilly of former website http://true-to-you.net/ has, for whatever reason, stopped updating the website.

Since she was responsible for sending so much information and opportunity our way, it seems most fit to say thanks to Julia for the gift of her time and effort, and to wish her the best in the future.

Posted Image
- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=694987320580750&set=p.694987320580750&type=3&theater

Posted Image
Edited by goinghome, Sat 15 Jul 2017, 21:57:25.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

What??It still works for me.I dont know why people keep saying it doesnt.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Works for me too! Whether it is our fierce determination, or our pure sheer bloody mindedness, or just plain "never say die" spirit we may never know!

Yes, thanks for the site Julia...You may have stolen all our seats away at concerts which left a bad taste in the mouth, but, when all is said and done...thanks!

She stole our seats away, away, away away, away, awaay, away away, away, she stole our seats awaaay
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Wed 5 Jul 2017, 08:44:46.

mammaof3
Member Avatar

goinghome
Tue 4 Jul 2017, 22:39:33
After providing a forum for Morrissey and his fans for many years, through the noughties and beyond, lovely proprietor Julia Reilly of former website http://true-to-you.net/ has, for whatever reason, taken the website down.

Since she was responsible for sending so much information and opportunity our way, it seems most fit to say thanks to Julia for the gift of her time and effort, and to wish her the best in the future.
The site is gone for me, as well... a search says no such site exists, so I have to assume it has been taken down.

So, RIP true to you... and thank you to Julia for running it for so many years. :flowers

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Well I dont know ive checked today morning and it worked.

crashingbore
Member Avatar

Yes, a big thank you to Julia! That site was super helpful, and provided a dignified place for Morrissey to post his communiques where people could not leave nasty comments. I am wishing her all the best.

goinghome
Member Avatar

Cached pages would still be floating round the internet.

The website's exit coincided with the James Baldwin T-shirt, which apparently was eventually withdrawn from sale.

Good Job, Ms Riley!

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

goinghome
Wed 5 Jul 2017, 23:36:31
Cached pages would still be floating round the internet.

The website's exit coincided with the James Baldwin T-shirt, which apparently was eventually withdrawn from sale.

Good Job, Ms Riley!
If the demise of TTY is, as I hinted, connected to the T-Shirt then, sadly i have to say, Ms Riley is acting like a racist! I wont sugarcoat something like this, Inverse racism is still racism!

Racism is a mental illness, I'm my opinion, i think it's an extreme form of narcarism... This is my own thought on it anyway...you see it's a disease of the mind, worsened in her case by living in a bubble, doubtles mainstream media has incubated the illnesses. Had she had to get out and live cheek by jowl with peoples of different races and cultures life would have taught her some valuable lessons, she didn't so life couldn't!

Anyway her narcarism was also manifest in the way she took the seats of PAYING fans, my friends included, what was a rare treat for them...expensive and keenly anticipated, was just another gig to her...and she felt ENTITLED to steal their seats. My considered opinion is Julia suffers from severe narcissistic issues, probably isn't a racist but uses the issue by proxy to feel superior. Her desire to feel superior, has ended in her pulling this stunt with Moz! She can't get her mind round the fact that people like Morrissey live their entire life free of racism, she has to feel superior, so all that's left is jumping at shadows! She has made one Almighty fool of herself I'm sad to say!

Still TTY was a good site, I won't stint in my praise there, but let Julias sickness be a salutary lesson to you all!!!

And Moz, for the love of all that's good...get the t-shirts back on sale, to hell with the narcissistic or the racist!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Thu 6 Jul 2017, 16:49:32.

Kathleen
Member Avatar

I appreciate the issues with the tshirt - but how is that linked to TTY???

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Kathleen
Thu 6 Jul 2017, 18:05:23
I appreciate the issues with the tshirt - but how is that linked to TTY???

Word on the street is that she "spat the dummy out" over the T Shirt!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.