Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Morrissey Fanart; Topic for sharing art of Moz
Topic Started: Tue 23 May 2017, 05:59:14 (387 Views)
Caranella
Member Avatar

Hi.

I'm new here, and of course I really love Morrissey like all of you.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate spot??? There's no official art section,
I don't think. But I would like to share an animation I made, if that's okay.

It's of my favourite song of his, "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore."

I would love to know what you all think! Thank you.

(P.S. Please feel free to share your art of Moz with me, too.)

Youtube Link
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

I liked the animation. I must say though, it's one of my least favourite Morrissey songs. No real melody that makes my ears stand up on end.

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Wow.... how long did that take to create? I really like the colors and the kind of watercolor feel to it. Showed it to my daughter, who is also an artist, and she also liked the colors and the abstract style in parts of it. :)

Must admit, I like that song a lot, too....and enjoy sharing it with Moz friends the day after their birthday. ;)

There used to be an Moz art thread, I think... but it might be easier to just start a new one rather than search for the old one. :D If you want to change the title, we could make this post for all Moz fan art.
:mirror

Caranella
Member Avatar

DAVIE
Tue 23 May 2017, 20:06:30
I liked the animation. I must say though, it's one of my least favourite Morrissey songs. No real melody that makes my ears stand up on end.
Thank you.

Oh, really? Hmm. I guess I just have different tastes, then.

Which is fine.

Caranella
Member Avatar

mammaof3
Tue 23 May 2017, 20:34:56
Wow.... how long did that take to create? I really like the colors and the kind of watercolor feel to it. Showed it to my daughter, who is also an artist, and she also liked the colors and the abstract style in parts of it. :)

Must admit, I like that song a lot, too....and enjoy sharing it with Moz friends the day after their birthday. ;)

There used to be an Moz art thread, I think... but it might be easier to just start a new one rather than search for the old one. :D If you want to change the title, we could make this post for all Moz fan art.
It took me over six months, ha ha. Thank you very much! :D Even though I do it digitally on the computer using my Wacom tablet, I hand-draw and paint every frame. Sometimes I reuse some of the colour layers and such, but ultimately I like to follow a lot of the rules of
hand-drawn animation.

I really appreciate your comment, and I'm glad your daughter liked it as well!

Oh, sharing it after their birthday. That's quite savage lol, sounds like something I would do

As per your idea, I changed the thread title and everything. That's a good suggestion! And of course,
I am happy to see what everyone else has to offer, too~

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Caranella
Tue 23 May 2017, 20:45:03
mammaof3
Tue 23 May 2017, 20:34:56

It took me over six months, ha ha. Thank you very much! :D Even though I do it digitally on the computer using my Wacom tablet, I hand-draw and paint every frame. Sometimes I reuse some of the colour layers and such, but ultimately I like to follow a lot of the rules of
hand-drawn animation.

I really appreciate your comment, and I'm glad your daughter liked it as well!

Oh, sharing it after their birthday. That's quite savage lol, sounds like something I would do

As per your idea, I changed the thread title and everything. That's a good suggestion! And of course,
I am happy to see what everyone else has to offer, too~

Ahh... okay, I figured it was digital, but thought the animation looked like you had drawn it frame by frame. Wow!! I assume drawing on a tablet gives you more control than trying to draw with a mouse!! (My daughter assures me that drawing with a mouse is quite difficult.) Thanks for sharing.... we used to have quite a few artsy members who shared their artwork here - hopefully your post will inspire others to share! :thumbs

ps: Ha... savage, huh? Well, I guess I am a bit of a smart ass.... usually it takes people awhile to figure it out, since in person I am rather quiet. ;)
Edited by mammaof3, Tue 23 May 2017, 21:02:54.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Unfortunately I couldnt view it.(I use tablet)
Edited by JoanOfArc, Fri 26 May 2017, 14:19:57.

Caranella
Member Avatar

JoanOfArc
Fri 26 May 2017, 14:18:17
Unfortunately I couldnt view it.(I use tablet)
Sorry, I don't really know how to fix that. I'm not sure what types of links or formats your tablet accepts, so
it really all depends on that I suppose.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Can we start a laptop vs tablet argument please?

(only joking)

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

I'd really like to see this too, I also use android... Anybody got any advice?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.