Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Breakfast with the Smiths - Update! BWTS has a new home.; Statement from Jose Maldonado
Topic Started: Sun 2 Apr 2017, 20:43:09 (391 Views)
mammaof3
Member Avatar

Sad news for those of us who have enjoyed listening to Breakfast with the Smiths over the years.

Statement from Jose Maldonado, via facebook:

Breakfast With The Smiths - The World Of Morrissey
Jose Maldonado shared a link.
4 hrs

Hi Breakfast Champions.
Well, sadly the day I knew would eventually come is upon us. The powers that be have pulled the plug on Indie1031.com and that means that our weekly appointment at “3 convenient times” has come to an end. It’s a decision that is completely out of my hands and irreversible. I want to thank you all so much for tuning in each week and making it so much fun to play our favorite Morrissey/The Smiths songs on the air. I still don’t believe that they let me do it for 8 years. I would have been satisfied with 8 weeks. I loved hearing you guys tell me about how/why you got into Morrissey/The Smiths, meeting some of you in person at my gigs and at the Moz Army meet, making new friends that I would never have otherwise met, chatting it up with you on Twitter and over the phone. Thank you forever and from every cell of my heart. I had a blast.

I’d like to continue doing it for you, so I’ll keep looking for a new home for the radio show. If you know of anywhere, by all means, put in a good word for me and point me in their direction. I have a few ideas, but for now, they’re just ideas. Please don’t say “why don’t you just do a podcast of the show?” because the answer is, I legally can’t. The only way that could work is it would just be me talking without any of Morrissey’s beautiful songs and that just defeats the point.

I want to thank Tedd Roman who kept the stream going for the majority of our internet existence and being the one that decided our show should be on 3 times a week. I learned the most from Tedd throughout my time at Indie1031 and he challenged me to be a better broadcaster. He’s the reason we were on as long as we were.

Thanks goes also to Joe Escalante, who hosted mornings at Indie during the FM days and got me the gig here. He sold them on a guy with an extreme love and enthusiasm for Morrissey and ZERO experience as a DJ. Thank you, Joe, for being my mentor in radio and in life.

For being with me in the early years at the helm and on the mics, a heartfelt thanks to Chuck P., Nick Handman, Stuart Akin, Stef Lebaux, April Richardson and “Romeogirl”. The early learning process was difficult but always fun.

Every one of you who tweeted/phoned in requests, told your friends, and got the word out made every difficult time worth it. It was my pleasure to play your songs each week.

Last but not least, Morrissey. As I told him way back when I was 22 when I first met him in person, “every day of my life is just THAT much better because your songs are ALWAYS a part of it”.

So it’s goodbye for now as far as this incarnation of the radio show goes. I still hope to see you guys at my live DJ appearances and with the Sweet and Tender Hooligans. Tweet me, message me on Facebook ANYTIME or even call me. I’ll keep the phone number on.

Until I find us a new home, this is Jose Maldonado saying “..in my own sick way….. I’ll always stay true to you….”
Edited by mammaof3, Sun 2 Apr 2017, 20:47:15.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Thanks, goinghome, for alerting us to this news in the references thread. I used to listen pretty faithfully, but haven't had a chance to catch the show recently. What a sad and surprising bit of news!

goinghome
Member Avatar

I know it's over...and still I cling.

Thanks for the informative find, mammaof3, clarifying mine earlier.

Good job anyhow, Jose! Fingers crossed his show will find a new home soon. At least meanwhile we have the Real Thing, the Man Himself, at large and in spectacular view, in Mexico : )

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Good news via facebook!! :thumbs

Roberto Ferdenzi - Breakfast With The Smiths/The World of Morrissey
18 hrs ·

The new home of #BreakfastWithTheSmiths with Jose Maldonado premiering this sunday, 9th April, on The Independent FM. 9am Pacific & 5pm UK time.

Posted Image

http://theindependent.fm/
Edited by mammaof3, Sat 8 Apr 2017, 07:51:26.

goinghome
Member Avatar

Thanks, mammaof3!

This IS good news.

Hurrah!

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Nice to be able to listen to Breakfast with the Smiths again this morning. :)

http://www.streamlicensing.com/play/player.php?sid=280&stream_id=429img

goinghome
Member Avatar

mammaof3
Wed 10 May 2017, 17:00:50

Me too - on Sundays : ) :applause

mammaof3
Member Avatar

goinghome
Thu 11 May 2017, 16:26:19
mammaof3
Wed 10 May 2017, 17:00:50

Me too - on Sundays : ) :applause
Nice interview with Nalinee Damrong about her book - how fun to hear stories about travelling to see The Smiths and taking photos. Have to say, she was much more adventurous than I was at 17! But then I kind of cherish my memories of listening to The Smiths alone in my bedroom at that age... ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.