Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Smiths record store day release
Topic Started: Wed 22 Mar 2017, 00:35:34 (194 Views)
mammaof3
Member Avatar

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/smiths-record-store-day-2017-12776934

The Smiths to release unheard demos for Record Store Day 2017
The band are issuing a limited edition 7" featuring previously unreleased versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and b-side Rubber Ring.

The Smiths are to release a previously-unheard demo of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side on vinyl for Record Store Day.

The limited edition 7" single will also feature an unreleased version of original b-side Rubber Ring.

It's among the highlights of this year's Record Store Day releases, which will be available exclusively in independent record shops on April 22.

Other must-haves include David Bowie collections, Prince singles and new music from The War on Drugs and Animal Collective.

Elbow, Blossoms, The Courteeners and Cabbage are also getting involved with exclusive, limited-edition releases.

Now in its 10th year, Record Store Day was launched in 2007 to promote independent labels and shops, where music-lovers often queue overnight to get their hands on the new releases.

For the full list of this year's records visit
http://recordstoreday.co.uk/home/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAVIE
Member Avatar

I'm guessing the Rubber Ring demo is the one all of us already have but remastered. I'm not sure if "The Boy With A Thorn In His Side" has circulated before? I heard a couple of people saying they had it already...Who knows!

mammaof3
Member Avatar

DAVIE
Wed 22 Mar 2017, 01:04:51
I'm guessing the Rubber Ring demo is the one all of us already have but remastered. I'm not sure if "The Boy With A Thorn In His Side" has circulated before? I heard a couple of people saying they had it already...Who knows!
Not sure if this answers your question, DAVIE.... but it's more info, anyway. ;)

Quote:

The Smiths will share two previously unreleased recordings on a seven-inch that boasts a demo mix of The Queen is Dead's "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side" and an early version of "Rubber Ring" recorded at Drone Studios.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/prince-david-bowie-prep-record-store-day-projects-w473195

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Hmm well I still think it maybe the Rubber Ring demo that many of us already have, but I don't have any demo of "The Boy With A Thorn In His Side" and I don't know any Smiths fans who do. I would love to hear them though!! Especially the first as I never thought the album mix was that great. The problem is that I won't be able to hear them unless they release them on digital format. I don't have a record player anymore! Take us 21st century folk into consideration please!
Edited by DAVIE, Wed 22 Mar 2017, 18:20:26.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.