Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
United King-dumb
Topic Started: Fri 2 Dec 2016, 09:37:27 (386 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

UNITED KING-DUMB

Posted Image

If it had been revealed by the Bank of England that the new British Five Pound note contained slices of cat or dog, the country would be in an uproar. But because we have been trained to accept the vicious slaughter of cows, sheep and pigs, the UK media can only make light of the use of tallow in the new British fiver because animal slaughter is thought to be outside of the human grasp and concern. However, whether you care about animals or not, the use of their sliced bodies in the new five pound note evokes a mood and a vibration that displays a gaping hole in human intelligence and in the human race as a compassionate idea. It also tells us that the Bank Of England has no understanding of doing anything in our time that revives the human image from basic savagery. If you feel that the use of animal flesh should not be a moral issue, then you should assert your conviction by donating your own body to the Bank Of England for decorative use in future five pound notes.

MORRISSEY
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Fri 2 Dec 2016, 09:39:46.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Scottish £5 notes are tallow free!!!

I was going to post this story but I guessed "someone" would pick up on it and do a better job than me!
If nothing else it goes to show how little thought goes into the slaughter and abusage of animals, because it is an everyday occurrence it is 'normalized', and a great many people will find these notes offensive... Vegans and Vegetarians of course, animal right activists spring to mind but Hindus, Muslims, Jews wont like touching them (maybe Buddhists too?).

Monumental error by Bank of England!

Reggie

It's not natural, normal or kind, the fiver you tender so blithe...
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Fri 2 Dec 2016, 10:06:13.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Channel 5 News referred to the notes now as "unusable". I suppose that means that they will be remaking the notes for mainly religious reasons.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

:punk
DAVIE
Fri 2 Dec 2016, 17:56:42
Channel 5 News referred to the notes now as "unusable". I suppose that means that they will be remaking the notes for mainly religious reasons.
Davie, they need to be remade...this is a monumental mistake even for an institution renowned for monumental mistakes...Backing Brexit...Check...Quantative Easing (puting taxpayers trillions into wastrel financial institutions so they can buyout entire commodities like gas, oil and wheat and jack the price up, crushing the little man)...Check...

The use of tallow shows a moral bankruptcy, that has nothing to do with religion, they can't even claim it is 'essential' to the durability or security of the notes. Scotland proves it is not! Sorry but I don't have a religious objection, neither does Moz, but the whole thing stinks and all, should be glad its being tackled IMHO.

Time to say ta ta to living under the code of the Carnies!

Reggie
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Fri 2 Dec 2016, 18:25:40.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Fri 2 Dec 2016, 09:37:27
UNITED KING-DUMB

Posted Image

If it had been revealed by the Bank of England that the new British Five Pound note contained slices of cat or dog, the country would be in an uproar. But because we have been trained to accept the vicious slaughter of cows, sheep and pigs, the UK media can only make light of the use of tallow in the new British fiver because animal slaughter is thought to be outside of the human grasp and concern. However, whether you care about animals or not, the use of their sliced bodies in the new five pound note evokes a mood and a vibration that displays a gaping hole in human intelligence and in the human race as a compassionate idea. It also tells us that the Bank Of England has no understanding of doing anything in our time that revives the human image from basic savagery. If you feel that the use of animal flesh should not be a moral issue, then you should assert your conviction by donating your own body to the Bank Of England for decorative use in future five pound notes.

MORRISSEY
Tallow???Disgusting!!This is ridiculous, we arent living in medieval times to use stuff like tallow,surely there is enough modern technology around to use something different instead of tallow. :puke
Edited by JoanOfArc, Sat 3 Dec 2016, 15:45:28.

Troublemaker's Dad

From Saturday's Guardian newspaper....

"The Australian pioneer of the polymer banknote says it is stupid that vegetarians and vegans are protesting about the new £5 note containing animal fat.

Professor David Solomon says the polymer notes contain trivial amounts of tallow, an animal fat found in candles and soap, yet pressure is being placed on the Bank of England to find an alternative.

"It's stupid, it's absolutely stupid," Solomon told the Australian radio station 2BG. "There's trivial amounts of it in there."

Well now, David Solomon may be a Professor, but he doesn't sound particularly well-balanced or open to the sincere convictions of others, does he?

His tenuous grasp pf the issues involved also makes him sound both arrogant and....er....stupid.

And how revealing is his use of "stupid" and "trivial"?

Oh, rest easy folks, there's only a little bit of slaughtered animal in each note!

I never had you down as "stupid" Reggie.

Guess what, I still don't.

TD xx

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Troublemaker's Dad
Sun 4 Dec 2016, 18:05:01
From Saturday's Guardian newspaper....

"The Australian pioneer of the polymer banknote says it is stupid that vegetarians and vegans are protesting about the new £5 note containing animal fat.

Professor David Solomon says the polymer notes contain trivial amounts of tallow, an animal fat found in candles and soap, yet pressure is being placed on the Bank of England to find an alternative.

"It's stupid, it's absolutely stupid," Solomon told the Australian radio station 2BG. "There's trivial amounts of it in there."

Well now, David Solomon may be a Professor, but he doesn't sound particularly well-balanced or open to the sincere convictions of others, does he?

His tenuous grasp pf the issues involved also makes him sound both arrogant and....er....stupid.

And how revealing is his use of "stupid" and "trivial"?

Oh, rest easy folks, there's only a little bit of slaughtered animal in each note!

I never had you down as "stupid" Reggie.

Guess what, I still don't.

TD xx
"Why thank you kind Sir, he said", and all joking aside, cheers for that Troublemakers Dad.

Prof. David Solomon, whose very name suggests he may be an ancestor of 'a red sea pedestrian' thinks anybody who takes offence is stupid, 'cause it's only a little bit of tallow! He doesn't contemplate he may have
Unwittingly caused genuine offence and contributed in some part to unnecessary animal death and suffering!!!
You can't reason with unreasonable people, the initial issues I accept were probably unthinking and unwitting however anybody who calls him on the issue is a fool...billions of fools if you count all who may find this polymer distasteful/unclean/abhorrent...Billions of fools who can't begin to comprehend his intelligence and world view!

The decent thing would have been to acknowledge and apologise, find an animal free substitute to tallow... and turn a disaster into a good news story, whilst having a polymer he can sell round the world!

A casebook study into how not to handle genuine concerns with your product.

Reggie

Mr Harris Overcoat

This Cafe near me is refusing to accept the new note, hopefully others are too...

http://www.rainbowcafe.co.uk

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.