Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Boulder (TTY: Gustavo's condition); How many fingers am i holding up?
Topic Started: Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:00:04 (630 Views)
Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

15 November 2016

Boulder

Gustavo Manzur collapsed and was hospitalized two hours before the band were due on stage at Boulder in Colorado. Morrissey made an on stage announcement and the sell-out crowd were greatly understanding and supportive. Gustavo is recuperating today. Doctors have advised one week of rest.
Gustavo and the band are determined to make the shows at Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago.
Photograph below is by Mando Lopez.

Posted Image

Please see the Boulder thread for further information and pictures.
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:32:04.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Well hopefully he is on the mend now, and this scare will soon be forgotten about, he seems to be indicating that he will be out of bed in a couple of days!

Less 'rehearsing'' until full health is restored...

Best wishes,

Reggie
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:51:59.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:06:37
Well hopefully he is on the mend now, and this scare will soon be forgotten about, he seems to be indicating that he will be out of bed in a couple of days!

Less 'practice' until full health returns.

Best wishes,

Reggie
Ive just wanted to post it,thanks for posting Reggie. He needs to rest now, im so happy he feels better. goodvibes goodvibes Hopefully everything will be ok soon.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Thanks Joan, I seen thus story thus morning but my phone jammed and I couldn't post anything! At least in the meantime's we have found out he is recuperating and hopefully will join the rest of the lads real soon!

Thanks for updating the title to make it a little clearer for everyone too Mama.

Cheers,

Reggie

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Reggie Peppery
Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:54:58
Thanks for updating the title to make it a little clearer for everyone too Mama.
:thumbs
It's what I'm here for. ;)

Glad to see Gustavo is recuperating.... and that for the most part fans were understanding.

Sad for all the folks who traveled to see the show, though. Even when you have compassion for the ill band member....it's still a bummer to miss out on a show you've been anticipating for months!

mammaof3
Member Avatar

via facebook:

Gustavo A. Manzur Jr.
4 hrs ·

When reality comes crashing into your world without notice, you haven’t much time to decide - with 100% confidence - the best route for the best outcome. Last night, reality presented itself as a swift and unforgiving onslaught of abdominal pain that dropped me to the floor and stole my breath. My main concern was the show. It always is. I, as well, attempted to rally to no avail. I had been defeated.

I have been left with a heartbroken feeling and a sense of disappointment in myself for letting down my road family and those who were looking forward to a night with Morrissey.

This event, on the other hand, enriched and reaffirmed our comradery as brothers and as Morrissey’s troop. I, being on the vulnerable side of things this time, was humbled and honored to be part of such a machine. My brothers of the stage were beside me from start to finish even when I was destroyed on the ground. My leader, with a soft touch on my shoulder, reassured me without saying a word. My brothers behind the stage sent me strength from all corners of the house.

I am beyond grateful to all of those who reached out with concern and I thank you infinitely for without your eyes and ears, we would be singing to the sky and mountains.

I am almost out of the woods. Optimism has always been an ingredient to my ways but now it is my primary tool to continue onward and stronger than ever.

Viva Moz.

Posted Image

goinghome
Member Avatar

mammaof3
Tue 15 Nov 2016, 22:49:52
via facebook:

Gustavo A. Manzur Jr.
4 hrs ·

When reality comes crashing into your world without notice, you haven’t much time to decide - with 100% confidence - the best route for the best outcome. Last night, reality presented itself as a swift and unforgiving onslaught of abdominal pain that dropped me to the floor and stole my breath. My main concern was the show. It always is. I, as well, attempted to rally to no avail. I had been defeated.

I have been left with a heartbroken feeling and a sense of disappointment in myself for letting down my road family and those who were looking forward to a night with Morrissey.

This event, on the other hand, enriched and reaffirmed our comradery as brothers and as Morrissey’s troop. I, being on the vulnerable side of things this time, was humbled and honored to be part of such a machine. My brothers of the stage were beside me from start to finish even when I was destroyed on the ground. My leader, with a soft touch on my shoulder, reassured me without saying a word. My brothers behind the stage sent me strength from all corners of the house.

I am beyond grateful to all of those who reached out with concern and I thank you infinitely for without your eyes and ears, we would be singing to the sky and mountains.

I am almost out of the woods. Optimism has always been an ingredient to my ways but now it is my primary tool to continue onward and stronger than ever.

Viva Moz.

Posted Image
Where did you find Gustavo's message, mammaof3?

He's a beautiful writer, he expresses himself very poetically and gently. I've always been particularly fond of him. His pure spirit shines through. I hope it's only a mild dose of the current Trumpitis epidemic he's caught, and that Monsieur Monzur is back on his feet fit as a fiddle in no time : )

mammaof3
Member Avatar

goinghome

Where did you find Gustavo's message, mammaof3?

"We Are Mozzerians" on facebook shared his post. :thumbs And it was too beautifully written not to share.

Edited by mammaof3, Wed 16 Nov 2016, 01:28:07.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

mammaof3
Tue 15 Nov 2016, 22:49:52
via facebook:

Gustavo A. Manzur Jr.
4 hrs ·

Viva Moz.

Posted Image
Beautiful message, you can feel how much he loves Morrissey and the band. He is such a talented musician and kind person. Hopefully he will be healthy soon,although kidney problems can be very painful.:(:(One of my friends once had it and she couldnt even move it was so painful.:(:(
Edited by JoanOfArc, Wed 16 Nov 2016, 16:30:33.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Wonderful words, thanks for locating and sharing Mama!

I believe every sentiment contained within! Its weird how, even stricken and literally floored...how your mind thinks about letting people down! It shouldn't really but if you have that kind of nature it does! Morrissey would have allayed a lot of building stress by the simple act of a shoulder touch at such a vulnerable point!

And here he is, should be resting and still feeling a bit bad about letting some folk down! Don't! You did your best so don't worry, it's all anyone could ever ask!

Anyways, here's to the best of health for Gustavo and the rest of the band for the whole of the remaining tour!

Chins up!

Reggie

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.