Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What Should Happen To The BBC?
Topic Started: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 22:35:00 (389 Views)
DAVIE
Member Avatar

Now I admit I pay the license fee currently for Doctor Who, politics and I think they do good documentaries at times...heck, they even did good comedies over 20 years ago. But I'm struggling to find a reason why there would be a need to pay for it now. The news seems more biased than it ever has been. The dramas are uninteresting. There's just nothing to watch that I have any interest in any more. If I needed to watch anything I could just watch it on BBC IPlayer for free...

This is why I think the BBC needs to change and according to Government it will. I believe Freeview should get rid of the BBC off their boxes. Freeview isn't exactly free when it forces people to pay for the TV license. This is where Freeview/Sky/Virgin etc and BBC could create a deal where the public have to pay a subscription to watch the BBC on their boxes. It's a great idea to me. I can't see much of a problem. Netflix and online sites are soaring with subscription fees...even the sports channels are coasting.

The Tories were considering turning the fee into a tax since we all apparently watch some BBC IPlayer or at least read BBC News occasionally....I don't agree with that. I don't agree with anything the Tories say (no surprise there). But forcing an entertainment and media tax is completely wrong. We should have the option to opt in or out. That's freedom and democracy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Ahhhh the BBC, a favourite topic of mine!

I used to but no longer watch politics on the been, the bias was always there, but nevertheless it was about the only broadcaster... The final straw came for me on The Andrew Marr show...when one of his guests humiliated him by saying during the paper review " I was wanting to talk about this story, but I overheard you in the green room agreeing what topics to stay off with the minister present, so I'd better not".
Andrew Marr, head of BBC politics, exposed as toadying up to the government minister says it all for me!

Freeview?, any other company that used that name whilst charging £145 per year, would be shut down by trading standards in seconds flat or made to change their name to threequidaweektoview...

I refuse to buy a licence, The BBC has made it easy for me to do this as I can watch things like Dr Who on catch up...very little of their output catches my eye...(detectorists was quite funny mind you!). Of course because I refuse to buy a licence I get burly blokes at the door, trading on the fact you don't know your rights...he said to me last time "we have a record of you purchasing a TV recently but you have no licence, can you tell me why this is" I wasn't going to dignify him with an answer but relented..."I have just bought a console that outputs natively at 1080p, also it has built in IPlayer app so I can consume as much BBC programming that I want, legally without a licence, and there is zero percent chance I will ever pay money to an organisation that covered up for Jimmy Saville, zero"funny enough haven't seen him since!

Another poll tax, for the BBC, my god they would love that! Never happen though...more riots would be guaranteed!

Subscriptions are the only fair way forward but would the BBC gather enough revenues... I very much doubt it...

1 in 10 court cases in the UK are TV licence cases, 1 in 10!!! Yet from peadophilla occurring on their premises knowingly...to criminal use of tax payers money to political bias, never a charge brought against anyone!

Does the BBC have a future? Not in my life!

Reggie

DAVIE
Member Avatar

1 in 10 court cases are to do with the BBC? But hardly anyone gets imprisoned! What a complete waste of money and a complete waste of time for the court systems. I hope most judges ignore the BBC.

I'd be the first person to riot if the BBC decided to create it into a tax! When I move house I'll greatly consider not paying for this entertainment corporation! As you said, it's not very entertaining when you think of all the paedophilia they've covered up.

Troublemaker's Dad

Still, in fairness, they got rid of Clarkson.

Not, as I'd have preferred, with a shotgun, but you can't have everything.

TD xx

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Troublemaker's Dad
Fri 26 Jun 2015, 17:33:32
Still, in fairness, they got rid of Clarkson.

Not, as I'd have preferred, with a shotgun, but you can't have everything.

TD xx
Got rid? Well they did, but they never sacked him!! He punched a coworker in the face but it wasn't a sacking offence to the beeb bosses!
Piss poor leadership, piss poor programmes and piss poor presenters!

1,000,000+ people in the UK signed a petition on behalf of Clarkson, I believe that each and every person who signed the petition should be tracked down and sterilised, with or without their consent...the last thing humanity needs is two of these people meeting and then breeding!!!

Reggie
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Fri 26 Jun 2015, 21:54:09.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

The BBC is now wanting people to sign up to their BBC Iplayer so that it can be easier to track down households who aren't paying their TV License. I'm fed up with them. I'm fed up of their biased news. I'm fed up of corrupt journalists and the dismissing of journalists who don't follow the "BBC Line". They are no longer transparent. Won't correct their mistakes. Don't give a damn about the general public. They don't represent the majority of people. They completely aligned with the Elites. They are just another piece of the right wing media. You may as well watch Sky News or Channel 4 News at least they get in real people to debate a subject half the time.

I've told Mrs Davie that she can pay for it if she wants, but I am not wanting to watch or pay for a damned thing on it. I've had enough. There should no TV License fee. People shouldn't live in fear for watching something on a screen! The License Fee is an outdated tax. If the BBC wants to keep going then it should run on a subscription model. You don't see Netflix employing intimidating people to knock on people's doors who turn on their televisions! It's always the poor people, the old people, the vulnerable people that they target! It's disgusting!
Edited by DAVIE, Tue 27 Jun 2017, 23:37:43.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

The BBC are wanting the best of all worlds...tracking all users, but not wanting to encrypt content! And why don't they want to encrypt content like any other broadcaster? Because they occupy a uniquely abusive position in broadcasting. Not only is it not lawful to watch the BBC without a license it is unlawful to watch any live TV from any broadcaster, can you imagine if tesco charged you £150 per year just for eating food regardless if you shopped their or not? Or BMW charged you £150 a year for driving any other type of car...their would be mayhem, yet the BBC get to do this simply because they are part of the ministry of propaganda...

And that's why they will never get a brass farthing from me!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Thu 29 Jun 2017, 09:59:21.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

The BBC IPlayer action is a way to spy on people. It's as simple as that.

I believe the the old outdated TV License needs to go, but how? Why aren't people wanting change in the system? Why are people so content? As we said ages ago, Freeview should be free and television needs to be free if it's to survive in the household in the next 100 years. Some of my friends don't even own a TV anymore...Why bother when you have a laptop or a tablet?

I wonder if the TV License rules can change to say, "Well, you've got through that final loophole and the State has hit a brickwall. The TV License will now cover usage of the internet and any electronic equipment in your homes"? I've heard it's something Denmark does. I don't agree with it. But it exists.
Edited by DAVIE, Thu 29 Jun 2017, 11:24:02.

Reggie Peppery
Member Avatar

Can I explain for our American cousins, and overseas friends that the BBC is a bit like your PBS channels, and we too have an annual fundraiser in the manner of a TV license... However in the UK you are likely to get jailed if you don't pay over the 200 dollar fee...yes our jails are teeming with people jailed for not having paid this subscription, its true 1 in every 10 court cases are about TV licenses. This is a national scandal. I say don't watch the rotten thing and don't under any circumstances pay a cent to this BBC.

Life is far better without the bbc I can assure you, my blood pressure must be almost down to normal ever since I stopped watching their news.

(One report they did into working class men in Glasgow having a life expectancy of 61, yes 61! Worst in the western world, anyway they rounded u the report by saying that although it was the worst life expectancy in Western Europe it was compensated by the fact that property prices were very low in those areas...I heard that shit wirh my own two ears! The BBC is of course quite hated in Scotland and even in its own bubble it is questioning how it can survive up here)

Ohhh and don't forget the massive pedophile ring that ran from BBC HQ for decades, under the noses of the worlds best and most impartial journalists!
Edited by Reggie Peppery, Thu 29 Jun 2017, 14:31:27.

DAVIE
Member Avatar

Well the recent news about the BBC hasn't been good at all. Chris Evans being paid £2.2 million this year! What exactly is he presenting? A failed Top Gear Show! But I haven't seen him do much else! A no-talent called Graham Norton worth over a million! A man presenting a football show is worth £1.9 million, you know the man I am on about! On the rubbish "One Show" the male presenter is paid £50,000 more than the woman sitting next to him on his right! What a waste of people's money! It's about time everyone stopped paying them and started gathering on the streets demanding the end of the BBC Tax.

Some person said it perfectly today, "The BBC...Takes money from the poor and gives it to the rich!"
He's right! The BBC are disgusting!
Edited by DAVIE, Fri 21 Jul 2017, 18:16:05.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.