Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Favorite Guilty Pleasure Song?; You know you shouldn't, but...
Topic Started: Thu 26 Jul 2012, 20:38:09 (4,514 Views)
Auntie_Mabel
Member Avatar

Hi Everyone,

Since it's summer (and here in Texas we can't forget it for a second!), and feeling nostalgic, I thought I would reminisce about some of those songs that we could consider "guilty pleasures". Perhaps the song is not the deepest or most intellectual, or whatever, but is quite special or just plain fun to us for some reason. Songs that we like or love, and don't care who knows. Or something like that. B-)

Here are just a few of mine, for starters. Please, no laughing! ;)

What are yours??
Edited by Auntie_Mabel, Thu 26 Jul 2012, 21:03:31.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oldpunkchick
Member Avatar

Edited by oldpunkchick, Fri 27 Jul 2012, 03:05:38.

Kevlarsoul
Member Avatar
Independent by nature
I find it terribly embarrassing to admit I actually like this song.

JoanOfArc
Member Avatar

Laura Pausini of course-but only this song:)

Deleted User
Deleted User

My "guilty pleasure" playlist is usually the one that gets me through all the house cleaning.
Come to think of it, not even guilty, I can't say I am embarrassed really :P

On the playlist a lot of Pitbull:

It reminds me of Miami, sipping a mojito on the beach...

Posted Image

So HEY to all of you! I imagine you all to be a very handsome crowd. Have a great week end!
Quote Post Goto Top

mammaof3
Member Avatar

Guilty pleasure songs? Well.... I can think of a few that definitely quality as a guilty pleasure... but not many that I'd admit to liking! :D But okay, if I am going to be honest and I had to pick a favorite...??

Well... I just won a free download of the new Matchbox Twenty album from some radio station contest this week. (Yeah, I know... I never win anything!) And I kind of don't want to like it, but a lot of it is very catchy and pleasant to listen to. My favorite song off the album so far:

And... on a sillier note. I think I've already admitted in another thread that I happen to own several albums by the Bay City Rollers... :$ Oh, come on... I was just a kid when I bought those albums! But... who doesn't love men in tartan??? :P

And for the irony....

Kevlarsoul
Member Avatar
Independent by nature
Think I refrain from commenting on this. :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

I was just performing some pretty impressive dance moves with my partner the vacuum cleaner to this song:

My dancing partner:

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

mammaof3
Member Avatar

This is one of those.... is it a guilty pleasure song, or a song from hell candidate?

But I'll post it here, because it brings back memories of my junior high school days. Although I was actually quite miserable back then... one of the few bright spots was that our school had a jukebox out in the hallway that students were allowed to use during lunch, and before and after school. Naturally I wasn't "cool" enough to hang out with the kids who monopolized it.... as I was usually sitting off in a corner with my nose in a book. (Catcher in the Rye, anyone?) But by some miracle, the "cool kids" chose one song to play over and over and over that I actually liked....

Of course, this choice in song may have also contributed to the eventual disappearance of jukebox. Who knows? :D
Edited by mammaof3, Fri 5 Oct 2012, 00:17:48.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have a huge weakness for most James Bond theme songs, so needless to say I am pretty delighted by the latest one, seems like they stuck to the "classic" recipe?!

Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Recommendations, News and Gossip · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.