Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Dream Morrissey Interview; What would YOU ask?
Topic Started: Sat 2 Oct 2010, 14:35:03 (2,164 Views)
Je Suis Julie
Member Avatar

Avoid all the repeated, stale questions. Don't mention racism accusations *yawn* or a Smiths reunion or if he's in a relationship (nothing too personal to invade his privacy). Ask him about subjects that you're really interested in, or things that you think he'd be really interested in. Conversation starters, no fishing for controversy.

This is harder than it looks.

I'll start w/ a few...

We know all about the "bad" interviews, but what have been some of his favorites? Does he love "Moz the Cat" as much as we do? What makes a great interview for him? Does he notice a difference between male and female interviewers? (It seems to me that many, but certainly not all, male interviewers come with an agenda or want to engage in a weird one-upsmanship, see recent Armitage thing). Are "famous fan" interviews almost always a disaster? Though Russell Brand seems to get it right. It seems to me that he set the perfect tone when he first met Morrissey on his show and immediately proclaimed "I'd never embarrass you" THAT is true fan respect.

Does he like the Len Brown book? What does he think of Mozipedia? Dickie Felton's book?

Did he laugh when the NME called the excerpt from his forthcoming bio fictional?

Why didn't they officially release the beautiful Ganglord video?
Edited by Je Suis Julie, Sat 2 Oct 2010, 14:37:54.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scarlet Ibis
Member Avatar

When he visits his mum, what do they do?

Are there any TV shows he's particularly fond of lately?

What has made him laugh lately?

Do you go to TC&F to meet fans or do you go despite the fans hanging out there?

What is something you're good at that people don't know about?

Bad at?

What's the last thing you cooked? Did it work out?

Are you happy to be considered frinky?

You have spoken out against ageism in the past, yet you've also criticized people for being age-inappropriate (Get Off The Stage). How do you really feel about it? How much does/should age guide your behavior?

joefrady
Member Avatar

Will you, Steven Patrick Morrissey, do me the honour of marrying me?

That would be my opening question.
See how we go from there...

TheReader
Member Avatar

Dear Morrissey,

Please can I be bridesmaid at your wedding to Joe Frady?

And if so, please can I have a dance with you at the reception?

Please could you teach me to dance?

I will think of more meaningful questions later.

Quiffaa
There is a light
Do you fancy me?

(I`m not the marrying kind) Maybe I`ll start with other questions.

Je Suis Julie
Member Avatar

Scarlet Ibis
Sat 2 Oct 2010, 15:24:35
Are you happy to be considered frinky?

And what does he do with all of Lottie's signs?

What's his favorite gift from a fan?

How does he feel about KristeenYoung's brilliant "Music For Strippers, Hookers and the Odd Onlooker"? (dedicated to him)

What does he think of Stephen Fry? A friend of mine and fellow Moz fan HATES him because she thinks he's a fraud who has ridden Wilde's coat tails. Yet other Moz fans adore him. And what did he think of Fry's Wilde movie? (I think Bosie got off way too easy in it).

Has he read any good books lately? What books should EVERY Morrissey fan have on their shelf?

Does he like JK Rowling? Has he ever thought that she subconsciously based some of the attributes of Harry Potter on him (I do - The floppy hair, the glasses, the misunderstood boy destined by fate for greater things).
Who would he love to interview?

Any good tips or recommendations for those of us who are afraid to fly?

What was Israel like? Poland? Russia? Did he really swim naked in the Dead Sea?
Edited by Je Suis Julie, Sat 2 Oct 2010, 21:45:40.

spyderfyngers
Member Avatar
Sacred Wunderkind
If he could live in any period of history, as anyone, who would he be, and when?

Did he leave a kiss on Wilde's tomb when he visited it?

Makeup - does he have a favourite brand of nail polish/eyeshadow? Does he apply it himself?

Favourite Wilde poem, and why.

Jack the Ripper - who was he? Why did he do what he did?

If he could bring one of his musical heroes back to life and work, who? Bolan, Jobriath, Johansen...?

He is allowed to annihilate one current pop 'star' and get away with it. Who? And he can't say 'all of them'.

A happy boyhood memory, no matter how trivial.

Je Suis Julie
Member Avatar

How does the gift of foresight shape his life? ("I knew you were going to ask that" doesn't count tongueclassic ) What other spiritual gifts does he have? Does he feel his music can heal broken souls?

What leads him in life? Intuition?

Besides music, what is his favorite form of art?

Edited by Je Suis Julie, Sat 2 Oct 2010, 22:44:13.

TheReader
Member Avatar

Still trying to think of some 'proper' questions, but random things I would like to know:

The books question - as per Julie

What are your top 10 favourite foods/meals.

Why have you never had a female band member.

Who do you think are the top 10 best looking men and women ever - 5 of each please.

Do you ever feel like anyone really loves you, or do you never let yourself believe it. Why?

Are you worried that some fans will always just buy your music no matter what without really caring if it's good or not. Does that upset you?

What are you going to do when you eventually stop touring. Will you start writing books again? Who would you especially like to write a biography of?

Is pop dead?

Can you speak any foreign languages adequately. Have you ever tried to learn?

What is your favourite brand of tea.

Do you ever do any housework - ironing/cleaning/hoovering/loading the dishwasher etc?

Do you think religion is tearing the world apart? Other than general Religious Education classes, do you think that religion should be banned from the National Curriculum. Do you think 'Faith Schools' should be shut down / not be exempt from VAT?

Do you now wish that Hilary Clinton had been elected instead of Barack Obama? Where do you think Barack Obama has gone wrong - if at all.
Edited by TheReader, Sun 3 Oct 2010, 18:41:19.

Je Suis Julie
Member Avatar

Do the charts matter any more?

What are his favorite photographs of himself?

Does he pray?

Does he write daily?

What is his greatest achievement?

What's his idea of a perfect day?

*James Lipton now enters the room, stack of blue cards in hand *
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on?
4. What turns you off?
5. What sound or noise do you love?
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.