Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to All You Need Is Morrissey.com. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting in topics, customising your profile, sending personal messages and voting in polls.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Works with real e-mail address.
Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
There's more to life than books you know ...; recommend and discuss everything readable
Topic Started: Sun 6 Jun 2010, 21:27:15 (20,111 Views)
Quiffaa
There is a light
My name is Quiffaa and I like Terry Pratchett. And George Eliot and Emily Bronte (Imagine the dots on the "e" plz. kthx)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grim O'Grady
Member Avatar

I've got "Something Like Fire" - Peter Cook remembered, on the boil at the moment!

love

Grim

Jukebox Jury
Member Avatar

I really enjoy books by Douglas Copeland, and just finished ''Hey Nostradamus!''
That was my 5th Copeland book and it was a continuation of his recording disfunctional American individuals / families!

Sarah_Splendid
Member Avatar

I don´t know if its off topic or Moz related- I just discovered a book about Manchester and I guess its Moz on the front cover:

"Manchester: Looking for the Light through the Pouring Rain: Kevin Cummins"

http://www.faber.co.uk/work/manchester-looking-for-light-through-pouring-rain/9780571233755/

havent read it before, but it sounds interessting!

Jukebox Jury
Member Avatar

Sarah_Splendid
Mon 7 Jun 2010, 13:48:37
I don´t know if its off topic or Moz related- I just discovered a book about Manchester and I guess its Moz on the front cover:

"Manchester: Looking for the Light through the Pouring Rain: Kevin Cummins"

http://www.faber.co.uk/work/manchester-looking-for-light-through-pouring-rain/9780571233755/

havent read it before, but it sounds interessting!
Sarah, it is ''only'' a picture book, no written text. But a very good picture book indeed B-)

Jukebox Jury

thewrongone
Member Avatar

I have just finished reading "On Chesil Beach" by Ian McEwan, which I found very moving - I had to switch trains 3 times. I'm now slowly trudging through "Beautiful Losers" by Leonard Cohen. Has anyone read it? What did you think?

Quiffaa
There is a light
would someone like to start a thread on Moz in the written world? in mrgd plz, ta

where we could gather all book piccie books we woud recommend

thx a ton!
Edited by Quiffaa, Tue 8 Jun 2010, 01:28:33.

maccabee
Member Avatar

thewrongone
Mon 7 Jun 2010, 22:48:54
I have just finished reading "On Chesil Beach" by Ian McEwan, which I found very moving - I had to switch trains 3 times. I'm now slowly trudging through "Beautiful Losers" by Leonard Cohen. Has anyone read it? What did you think?
Loved OCB! I really liked "Beautiful Losers" too - but it took me awhile to get through at first; then I got into the Catherine Tekakwitha obsession/subplot and that somehow made the book's threads come together. How far along are you? What do you think of the romantic threesome thing? :$

TheReader
Member Avatar

Just re-read 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt for the 10th time.

So easy to read, and so well written. I like it more every time I read it.

Next on the list - Howards End.

mikael

I'm reading Neil McKenna's The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde for the second time and it's THE best OSCAH biography I've read (and I've read a few). I need a few reading tips though :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · There's More to Life Than..... · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by Lokyr of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone.