|1. R.E.S.P.E.C.T towards Morrissey, his band mates (current and former), and all forum members sets the tone of atmosphere here. Please join only if you understand the difference between a critique of music, style, etc. and blatant dis-respectfulness. If in doubt, leave it out. It takes guts to be gentle and kind.
Common courtesy as in a nice pub /cafè shall prevail. If you wouldn't say something to someone in person, don't post it here. Please be tolerant of all religions. Also, please realize English is not everyone's first language.
Note: Demeaning name calling, i.e., "Swearwords/anatomy terms" directed towards people are not allowed. We treat "mistypings" or typographic tricks to mask offensive terms (@, *, etc) in the same way as the offensive term.
2. Sexist, ageist, homophobic, bullying and demeaning posts will be deleted. We aim to ask you first to change whatever caused offense, but cannot always promise that. We want everyone to feel free to express their opinions, but we will err on the side of caution if we feel a member is being abused. The Mods reserve the right to decline/withdraw membership or to impose a ban without notice should it be deemed in the interest of the forum's reputation, legal position or the peaceable enjoyment of the forum by the membership as a whole. Where a member is put on probation after or in lieu of a ban, the normal rules apply but the probationary member can expect to be given less benefit of the doubt.
3. We respect the privacy of all forum members. No threads publicly addressing / attacking / revealing members' private lives are allowed. We also respect the right of the public figures discussed within the forum, to a private life. This extends to the family/close associates of such public figures.
Should you at any time find there is material on our forum that you feel compromises your personal privacy and/or dignity, please don't hesitate to contact us. As a matter of policy, we will only remove material on third-party request if there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. the person/s affected being genuinely unable to contact us personally) as otherwise this leaves the complaints system open to abuse. In the case of artists/public figures, their families and close associates, OFFICIAL representatives may request the removal of material.
4. "Truth:" Please don't try to mislead or sensationalize. Actual news goes in the "News" folder, etc. Spoofs must be labelled as such or extremely obvious. Please be aware of the forum structure before you post and try to post new threads in the appropriate sections; if your news item is not primarily about Morrissey and/or The Smiths, it doesn't belong on the front page, at least not as a standalone thread.
5. There won`t be a "General bashing zone". Please take personal grievances elsewhere.
6. When posting any form of media file (images, video, audio), please try to ensure that you are not infringing copyright. Items posted in violation of copyright and which become the subject of legitimate complaint will be removed, but it's added work for the mods and we'd rather people just ask the author(s) before posting. In addition, please do not post material if you have any reasonable suspicion that doing so would infringe the personal privacy and/or dignity of another person.
7. We wholeheartedly support Frinking, but please keep your comments in line with the aim of this forum to be appropriate for all age groups. To this end, the forum does not host fanfiction, as we all know how that can get a bit..... *ahem!*
If you have suggestions, please submit them under Suggestions, Feedback and Forum News. Let's support and respect one another, and foster an atmosphere of inspiration and creativity. Remember the main reason we're all here: to share the love for Morrissey and his music.